Re: Starting a local club

To: RMiller930@aol.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Starting a local club
From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:28:44 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

<< Wondered if any of you are active in a local club, or if anyone has had
 experience starting one.  We are located in Springfield, MO, and the nearest
 LBC clubs are in KC MO and St. Louis, MO.  While many of us belong to a
Healey
 or MG club, we are thinking about starting an all British car club locally.
 Also, anyone living in the Ozark Mountain area (MO, ARK, KS, OK) that would
be
 interested in joining a club, please email.

 Thanks,

 Rod Miller >>

Rod,
I started Boston Area MG Club on a hunch last November.  There were two of us
sitting around having a couple brews and decided to start a small club to
drive to places together.  We decided to have no dues, no pressures to go
anywhere, and it didnt matter how your car looked.  It didnt even have to be
running !!!   What I did was to go to the MG page, pick everyone in the state
and send a short e-mail.  My partner in crime created a web page with a
description of the club and a story of how we went to the MG museum in
Westminster VT.
It is noe 8 months later and now have 50 members.  Most discussions and event
happenings are via e-mail.  Some people in the club we havent even met yet.
Its not easy trying to set things up and keep things going but we are giving
it a try.  Someday we even hope to sponser an event or something but for now,
its just a bunch of enthusiasts shooting the breeze and helpin each other out
!!!
Good luck starting a club !!  It's been great for me so far !!1

Mike
Bostion Area MG Club
 <A HREF="http://users.aol.com/mgbmary/welcome.htm ">Welcome to the newest MG
enthusiast'</A>