Re: Starting a local club

To: RMiller930@aol.com
Subject: Re: Starting a local club
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:07:56 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
RMiller930@aol.com wrote:

> Wondered if any of you are active in a local club, or if anyone has had
> experience starting one.  We are located in Springfield, MO, and the nearest
> LBC clubs are in KC MO and St. Louis, MO.  While many of us belong to a Healey
> or MG club, we are thinking about starting an all British car club locally.
> Also, anyone living in the Ozark Mountain area (MO, ARK, KS, OK) that would be
> interested in joining a club, please email.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rod Miller
> '59 Bugeye (rightside up again)
> '72 TR6 (son's idea of an LBC)

Rod

Myself and another MG local met by chance at a the local coffee stop.
We stated to talk about National clubs.
We started the Positive Earth Drivers Club 9 years ago with 5 people.
Today we have over 100.
We started out with no dues but with a monthly newsletter, postage,
paper, etc, we started charging $1 per meeting, now we do 50/50 tickets
for club money.
All british, any shape, lots of fun.
Go for it.
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs