Re: Chinese junk and being PC

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Chinese junk and being PC
From: Mark van der Linden <MARK.VANDERLINDEN@ey.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 13:44:15 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Mr. Boicey

Yes You're right. You CAN start emailing whomever you want whatever you
want and claim to speak for the list? Nobody has the ability to stop you (at
least not in the act itself).

Keyquestion is whether the receiving party can fully rely on the fact that you
are speaking for the list by stating that you speak for the list.
Representation only goes so far.I am aware that it may be very scary to have
people speaking on your behalf but this time it is probably good somebody
picked up the glove. I do not believe that this one hurts my interest or good
name.

Secondly, instead of upfront approval you can also go for afterward approval
(as in the underlying case). The most charming way probably woul have been:
sending it in draft to the list and asking for (negative) reply only. But
things went diferently. Being practical and being right may not always be the
same, but, in the words of a Chinese wise man (and here I will obviously
refrain from replacing the word Chinese by the word cheap, as suggested
previously in this thread) any motion is good, even if it is commotion.Let's
hope Moss reacts.

Best regards,

Mark

        tboicey@brit.ca