RE: Oil Leak Question

To: "'Jason Urban'" <jurban@pond.com>
Subject: RE: Oil Leak Question
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:17:52 -0600
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jason ,
Sometimes you can tell by the color of the oil if its coming from the
trans or engine . However if the motor oil has just been changed it
might be difficult to tell . Also check the PVC system . (there is
supposed to be a slight vacuum in the crank case) Both seals are (were
originally) non contacting spiral threads that tend to push the oil back
towards the engine/trans as the case may be . So its probably not the
seals (I think they always leak a little) But it sounds like this is a
new leak ; i.e. more than is usual :-) What have you changed ?
Good Luck ,
                 Mark Hanna
                 AN5L13731