RE: Oil Leak Question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Oil Leak Question
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:28:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Manual calls for 20w50 on pre-1500 spridgets. Lawrie Alexander and others
have used straight grade Valvoline Racing 30 wt. I am running 40wt this
summer and it's never been better. This of course is a very worn tranny.

The most important thing is to NOT run gear oil, including any of the
synthetics or semi-synthetics. Gear oil is acidic and eats yellow metals
(like our synchros). This is straight from the Valvoline people (I asked,
they told).

Jeff

At 3:57 PM -0500 7/14/98, Hanna, Mark wrote:

> Hi Jim ,
> I don't have my book here with me , but I remember 30wt non detergent
> oil as being correct in Spridget transmissions .
> List ???
>            Mark H.

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/