Re: Starting Problems - Again

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Starting Problems - Again
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:45:09 -0400
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 11:07 AM 7/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Philip
>
>Not hearing the car when the starter is turned but it sounds as if your
>timing may be just a tad too far advanced.
>This would make the starter "kick back" when the engine is hot.
>Just a thought.
>You might try turning the micro adjuster wheel on the distributor
>towards "R" (retard) ands see if this makes a difference.
>Just keep count of how many turns you give the wheel.
>
>worth a try.

Both Frank (above) and Kevin Valentine suggested timing being too far
advanced for my recurrent starting problems.  I won't be able to test this
out until I've got the rear suspension back together (not long I think),
but I'm betting they are right.  I =know= the timing is off ever since I
messed with it to pass emissions.  Getting it back to normal I fiddled with
it much more than is good for me just trying to use the sound of the motor.
 Not being experienced enough to do that well, I've since bought a timing
light and will do timing after suspension.

Thanks to Frank and Kevin on this starting problem.  If others have any
other ideas, I'm more than open to hearing them.  :)

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget