Re: Looking for hammertone

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Looking for hammertone
From: Miq Millman <miq@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
<bunch of rather poor descriptions deleted>

Geez guys, as the name implies, it leaves a finish that looks like hammered
metal.

Hammerite paint sells it in a variety of colors and you can get it in
brush on as well.  Hammerite also has a nigh indestructable coat, as long
as you put it on correctly.  It takes 6 weeks to cure completely, but it is
very resistent to scratching or peeling, and you can paint right over
surface rust (infact it likes a rough surface better).

I have spray cans in red, silver, dark grey (looks like iron), medium grey
(looks like aluminum), chevy blue, black, and white.  The black and silver
cover the best, white sucks.  I also have a couple of quarts in grey and silver.
It comes in smooth, wrinkled, and hammered metal finish.  The black wrinkle
is a dead ringer for the original dash on Mk I and II sprites.

Bought them at G.I. Joes here in the Portland area.....about $4 a spray
can, the quarts were around $15.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com