Re: engine removal question

To: Valentine <valntine@postoffice.ptd.net>
Subject: Re: engine removal question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 18:26:17 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Kevin

It is easier to remove just the engine but it is much easier to REPLACE
the engine and trans as one unit.
I've done it each way, both have their goods and bads.
If the input shaft lines up with the clutch, it will slide right in.
This is a one in 50 chance (my record anyway) other then that it takes
some wiggling and jiggling.
Use a clutch aligning tool (or and old input shaft) to center the new
clutch or it will never line up on replacment.
Am I helping with this engine replacment? If so, Just yank the engine.
Leave the trans and hydraulics as is.
Joe and I are coming on the weekend of 8/15. (next weekend is out for
both of us) We can reinstall the engine in a few minutes (quicker then
it takes to set up a knock down engine hoist)

The choices are engine only....saves time.
engine and trans.....ease of reassembly.

Frank

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ