Re: My Sprite in a Magazine

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My Sprite in a Magazine
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:01:35 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank wrote
>>I have been informed (thanks Neil) that my yellow Sprite is in the
August 98 issue of Classic and Sports Car magazine along with a bit
about Sprite Rush.

Group,

For those interested in the article the text follows:

"Austin-Healey Sprite tuning guru John Sprinzel was guest of honor at Sprite
Rush '98 held at Pennsylvania in May.  He regaled the massed throngs of marque
enthusiasts with tales of rallying the diminutive sportsters in the early
'60s.  A number of Sperinzel-tweaked Speedwell Sprites attended, including the
ex-Briggs Cunningham machine.  Other star turns included a couple of cars
fitted with period Judson superchargers.  Turning several heads was a couple
of oddball, square-rigger Sprites fitted with Frogeye fronts.

As a four-day event, emphasis was placed firmly on driving the cars.
Activities included a road rally, autotest and convoy to nearby Gettysburg.
Plans are already afoot to repeat the Sprite Rush in five years time."

from Classic & Sports Car, August 1998, pp195

Bob and Ann
60 Sprite