Re: Hard to start when warm

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hard to start when warm
From: J6879758@emu.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:25:33 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It sound like you're describing the phenomenon known as' vapour lock'
Petrol (sorry) 'gas' vapourizes in the carbs and lines causing a
moderate pressure buildup. I figure that this pressure prevents the
normal flow of fuel through the system. When it happens to me I find
the engine starts after extended cranking but who likes to drain their
battery like that?. Some means of venting the vapours would be handy,
like removing a fuel line, but beware of spraying fuel onto possible
sources of ignition.(put your ciggie out first).