Re: Bugeye Front-Hinging Hood

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Front-Hinging Hood
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:18:54 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Seems like we tried that prior to going the route we did...seems like using
the locking pins caused the front of the bonnet to bind...the brackets allow
enough clearance to open fully.  Met a guy at a recent meet that had used the
existing locking pins, but he had to do some cutting/modifications to bonnet
to get it to open vertically.  Seems as though the valance would hit on the
front frame extensions (or something like that).  Anyway, other than chop up
the bonnet, we made our own hinge brackets (look similar to the mini mania
kit) and now works dandy.

Rod Miller