Re: Painting the engine compartment

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Painting the engine compartment
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompso@total.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 03:27:51 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> I am about to exchange my original 1275 (that has aged very gracefully but
> is definitely ready for retirement) with a 1380cc motor.
> At this time I want to paint the engine compartment which was not painted
> when the exterior was done.
> I could brush the paint on, but am doubtful about the resulting quality.
> I don't have a compressor and have never painted before, so I was
> wondering if one of those Wagner electric paint guns would work for this?
>
> Has anyone tried this or any other tips?
>
>     Ulix                                                    __/__,__
>                                                            '67 Sprite

Ulix:

Your local paint store sells a product by a company called Preval that
is essentially a mini disposable spray gun. It is complete with pressure
cannister and glass bottle etc. You just mix your paint up and fill up
the glass bottle. Results are very good if you take your time and use
several coats like the pros.

Not too expensive, eack "kit" costs about $5.

Daniel