Re: [Fwd: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)]

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)]
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:00:28 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank Clarici wrote:

> I respect any and all Truckers even those trying to climb a hill no
> matter which lane they are in (usually never the left) I also give the
> Italian salute to those "left lane loafers" on 4 wheels. Most of which
> have NY tags. (I live in Jersey) yeah, I know NJ has the highest
> insurance rates for some unknown reason ;)

It is true that the left lane loafers usually have NY tags.  I think
they are the same people who merge onto highways directly to the left
lane no matter how slow they are going.  Sometimes I have trouble getting
into the slow lane, yet these dopes can always make it across three lanes
of traffic into the passing lane at 40 MPH.  Years ago I saw someone do
that while two kids were racing down Rt. 9, the first one just missed
her, the second one never had a chance, he hit her so hard she was knocked
into oncoming traffic over a divider.  Car parts everywhere.  Killed both
of them and made a real mess out of traffic.  I stopped and set out some
flares but there was not much to be done. At least the woman would never
merge directly to the fast lane and the kid would never race again on public
streets.  Maybe it was darwin in action.

--
William M. Gilroy
E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com