Re: [Fwd: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)]

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgrazian@ltcm.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)]
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:02:01 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just my 2cents...but as a former truck driver and a manager for years in the
business, they do a good job overall, but there are just as many as***les
per capita, maybe a little more than the entire population.

Please keep a few things in mind as you drive near large truck.  If you
cannot see them in their mirrors they cannot see you.  There is a blind spot
on the left side of many trucks you can hide a motor home in..not to mention
a Midget.

Also, the handling characteristics and braking for a vehicle grossing 80,000
lbs is much worse than the Midget.

Finally, in driving 100,000 miles plus a year and probably 500 or more on
any given day, the driver has seen more than his share of poor drivers and
may not react properly to the next one.

Keep your distance and keep their respect.

>BTW:  I've never had a problem with truckers, either.  Percentages?
>Maybe.  Luck?  Probably.
>
>Mike
>
>'78 Midget (still recovering from a trip to the mechanic)
>'87 300zx (with a burnt out digital dash for several months, and no
>speeding tickets,  ever.  That move along at the speed of traffic thing
>really works).

I have to agree this works.  While hooking up the CB on my 94 F150 I
discovered fuse 8 stopped both the speedometer and the digital odometer.  I
drove like this for months before my better half (charge card valet and
microvave operator) pointed out the dishonesty and shamed me into replacing
the fuse.

Motor safe,

Robert Houston
74 Midget  Katy