Re: Ignition Light - 1974 Midget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition Light - 1974 Midget
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:55:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:42 PM 8/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Philip
>
>Does your car have a radio console in it?

Console yes, radio no - blanking plate.  But it did have a radio before I
took it out.

>Seat belt warning lamp?

Must do as I see the remnants of the disabled a** sensor.

>4 way hazzard lamp?

Yes and it works.

>Cig lighter ilumination?

Don't remember seeing a lighter.

>If some one removed the console, the signals had to be re-wired into the
>harness or they will not work. (they ran thru the 4 ways somehow.)

>red/white, panel (or lighter) ilumination

The unknown lamp that stays on while the lights are on has two wires going
to it.  One is red/white and the other is black.  It seems it has to be an
illumination bulb for the dash somewhere, but I just haven't figured it out
yet.  Tonight I focused on other things, but tomorrow I'll try to trace
wires and determine what this lamp is and if I can get the ignition light
working.

Thanks all.
Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos