Head light switch took a powder

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Head light switch took a powder
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:45:54 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Last night while working under the dash of my 77 Midget, the
headlight switch came apart.  So now I am left with the back
half with the contacts and the front part with the little
plastic tab.  The internals have fallen out and GOK (God Only
Knows) what they are and where they went.  Also, on the front
part the green portion for the light also broke off.  I figure
that it is time to replace this switch.

Anybody on the list have one they want to sell?  I really hate
to order one part mail order and pay 25% of the the items'
cost in shipping.  Anybody have any suggestions or should I just
call someone like moss and pay the shipping.  I do realize that
it costs them almost the same to pick and ship a $10 part as
at $200 part, but sometimes I would like to avoid what I consider
excessive shipping costs.  Any advice?

Thanks,
--
Bill Gilroy