Re: New charging woes!

To: Palmer Family <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: New charging woes!
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:02:16 -0700
Cc: mg list sprite <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Mg List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Palmer Family wrote:

> So, anyone want to help me with an alternator that's not charging?  (PUSH
> STARTED 3 TIMES YESTERDAY!!! No shortage of people to help push!!)

Now this is weird.  It is my understanding that if a car will not start, but
will run after being push-started, then it is the battery or connections, and
not the alternator (unless the battery has just enough juice to run the car,
but not start it?).

The juice to run on has to come from somewhere, and if the battery is dead,
and the alternatior is dead.........divine charging?

I'd start checking at the battery and connections, and then do an output
check on the alternator last.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye Sprite
SCCA DSP

Former owner of 2 other Bugeyes, 1 67 Sprite, 1 72 Midget,
2 MGB's, 1 TR-6, and 1 67 XKE Coupe -
I've paid my dues!