Re: 1974 Midget Alignment

To: mayfam@sprynet.com, hotwheels@longviewtx.net
Subject: Re: 1974 Midget Alignment
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 06:16:58 PDT
Cc: phubbard@carroll.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip,
  Start with checking that your steering wheel is on straight first. You
do this by turning it lock to lock and then back half way. at this point
the steering wheel should be in the straight ahead position if not take
it off and put it on straight. If you do not do this you will as Wayne
says end up with uneven turn radius. Now that the steering wheel is
centered you can go get an alignment done. At the very least adjust the
tie rod ends so that the wheels are pointed straight ahead.  A good
alignment person should be able to tell you what if anything is bent or
out of spec on your car.
Regards,
Peter.