Re: 3 phone calls (a little long)

To: <GMari58175@aol.com>, <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <redlotus@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: 3 phone calls (a little long)
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 11:45:09 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I usually totally agree with Frank, but just have to put my two cents
worth in this time.
I love the concept of Ma and Pa stores, but I'm buliding a cabin in the
mountains, and the Lumber yards in Ruidoso, NM either close early, or do not
open on weekends, and have never called me by my first name or given me any
kind of better service, even though I've spent over $20,000.00 in one of
them over the past few years on materials for the cabin.
For the most part, my Home Depot, has the same crappy lumber as the lumber
yard, but has always treated me in a professional and curteous manner.
Their return policy has always been liberal, and the prices competitive.
And where else can I go at 7:30 on Saturday night with the thingy for the
whatchamacallit in hand and find one!
I think it is great you have a good relationship with Ma and Pa at the
lumber yard (they're all owned by companies hundreds of miles away here) but
us weekend lumber (and electrical and plumbing) warriors don't get the same
treatment as you regulars.

Robert Houston
(gotta go to HD for fittings for the new hot water heater I'm installing
today)