Re: Sprite Grilles & Other non-fitting parts

To: ridleymj@bis.on.ca, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sprite Grilles & Other non-fitting parts
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 06:39:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-09-06 15:24:14 EDT, ridleymj@bis.on.ca writes:

<< Hey guys, cool it a bit!

 I get p****d off to when things don't work (presently a MAG scanner -
 help!) but don't rag on the vendor till you have given him a chance to
 respond.  Remember that olde British motto: IDENTICAL PARTS AREN'T.

 I too have a new grille and it too doesn't fit as well as the one that was
 mangled and bent into shape.  Furthermore over the past 40 years the nose
 as changed shape (car & driver).  Give AH a chance. >>

To show you that the good ones are really good...Picked up off the shelf, at
Midtown European Auto) what I thought was an NOS bugeye grill.  It lookjed
like the real thing as it was wrapped in newspaper that was from the late
60's.  Marshall, the owner came up to me and said that it's not NOS but a
reproduction that he's had awhile.  "You don't want those", he said.
has Moss or VB ver told anyone that they shouldn't buy something?  one thing I
don't understand is why do you folks buy from Moss or VB directly?  Folks like
Midtown Auto, or a few others on this list are Moss Distributors.  They can
sell to us at lower prices , and they have the small independent attitude
regarding customer service.  There are ways to support the small guy.

george marinos
sprite (no moss or VB on this car) AN6 MKII
glen rock, nj