Re: Local Hardware Stores

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Local Hardware Stores
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 19:02:50 -0400
Cc: hotwheels@longviewtx.net, transerv@sprynet.com, GMari58175@aol.com, redlotus@spacey.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> Hey!  As the great Gilda Radnor used to say "And another thing. . .!"
>
> "And another thing. . ."   have you ever tried to find fine thread Spridget
> connectors in HD, Wal-Mart, or any other chain among their wall of millions of
> bolts, screws, etc.?   Hahahahahahahaha!!!  They look at you like there is no
> such thing made.  "What ship did you just land off of boy?"  ONLY at the
> locals, like the wonderful and homey C.L. Sharp General Store in little
> Andersonville, Tennessee (One street, NO stoplights), will you find anything
> like that--plus Conley carries a full line of fine and course-thread Stainless
> Steel connectors.  It is, you know--one of those "Gawd how does he know where
> everything is, but he does" establishments.  And don't even try to be in a
> hurry.  Conley likes to ask about the family, the kayaking, the car, the
> garden, the weather, and about anything else of local interest.   These places
> are too precious and the quality of product and service too wonderful to lose
> to the shirt and tie money guys of the chains.
>
> ---David
>     '67 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vicky (Under Restoration)
>     '79 Midget, aka, The Taz

Amen to that!
Sounds just like Ken's Hardware just up the street from me. I was there
today and the counter girl (Lisa) saw my A40 for the first time, I told
her most of the parts came from Ken's, even the Toyota/Austin speedo
reduction sleeve. And it was "in stock"

PS, HD only stocks "made in taiwan" super low quality bolts. grade 1
maybe?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ