Dual circuit master cylinder interchangeability

To: tzuchow@ibm.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dual circuit master cylinder interchangeability
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 09:00:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Received the following from a fellow lister:

>The guys at a local British restoration shop told me that the
>dual-circuit master cylinder for the Midget was the same one
>used on the MGB. I don't know from MGB's, myself. Can
>someone clear this up?

So, is this correct -- can a MGB dual-circuit be used on a Midget?  I've
never compared the two side-by-side but recall that they appear similar
in size and mounting.  If the mounting is the same, what would the
differences be, and what problems might one encounter?

Thanks!

Rich
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"

"It is wise to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties."
James Madison ca. 1791