Re: Parts (no Home Depot contents)

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Parts (no Home Depot contents)
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 22:46:46 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, after a "disappointment laden" email to AH Spares yesterday, here is
the response I got:

>>We are extremely concerned to learn that the grill you received was not a
good fit and apologise for the inconveniece and disappointment ....
We thank you for informing us so promply so that we can immediately suspend
sales and investigate were the problem has arisen. As we told you we had
recently re-tooled the grill to ensure a better fit, so we are obviously
anxious to find the new problem.
Our preliminary enquiries lead us to suspect that the problem may have
arisen at the polishers prior to plating. If they have not been using the
fixture to support the grill during polishing and have been bearing down
hard with the polishing mop, this could have well distorted the grille and
altering the curvature would also mean that the pegs do not line up....<<

There is some of that "Mom and Pop" action going on here.  I knew they would
respond in a concerned way.  They will continue to get my business for
specialized or hard to find bits - and I told them so.

Jeff