Oh Oh!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oh Oh!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 08:17:09 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
While checking out my accelerator cable (another post--still not resolved) on
my '79 Midget, my clutch began whirring and grinding, sorta sounds like a
garbage disposal.   Drove it home immediately.   The car has had a little
grind going into 2nd gear in the 2-3 weeks I have had it.  Not it goes into
all gears with a grind and with effort.  Does that sound like clutch job? And
if so, while I have been an advocate for pulling the engine AND tranny at the
same time, for ONLY a clutch job is it best to just pull the engine?  Or
should I just feed it garbage?

Any input will be appreciated!!

--------David
         '67 Sprite, aka, Vicky (Under Restoraton)
         '79 Midget, aka, Taz (Driver until last evening)

---