RE: Oh Oh!

To: "'Lancer7676@aol.com'" <Lancer7676@aol.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Oh Oh!
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 07:44:00 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David -

Before you start yanking big heavy pieces out, make sure the clutch
hydraulics are up to snuff.  Signs of needing a clutch job are generally
slippage and nasty smells, what you have sounds like a failure to fully
disengage, which is usually clutch hydraulics,  If you're not getting
hydraulic fluid all over your feet, suspect the slave cylinder.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net

On Saturday, September 12, 1998 8:17 AM, Lancer7676@aol.com
[SMTP:Lancer7676@aol.com] wrote:
> While checking out my accelerator cable (another post--still not
resolved) on
> my '79 Midget, my clutch began whirring and grinding, sorta sounds like a
> garbage disposal.   Drove it home immediately.   The car has had a little
> grind going into 2nd gear in the 2-3 weeks I have had it.  Not it goes
into
> all gears with a grind and with effort.  Does that sound like clutch job?
And