Re: Tyres and a little more

To: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Tyres and a little more
From: "John A. Hokans" <jhokans@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:57:03 -0700
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, fellow Bugeye enthusiasts!  I am new to the list and have been reading the
MANY messages I get on a daily basis about the vast variety of topics that seem
to come up about our LBCs.  This message I thought I could respond to.  I'm
running Pirelli P300s, P155/80 R13, with the word Touring just up from the
rim.  This is on disc wheels.  They give good adhesion, I've been told that the
Pirellis are made of a softer rubber so they grab the road very well.  They are
also supposed to wear faster.  Because the Bugeye is so light, I like having
the extra grab.  I've been very pleased with their performance and they do not
appear to be wearing any faster or worse than other tires (tyres).

So there, I've put my two cents in.  I've got a '59 Bugeye, with a 1275 engine
and a ribcase tranny.  I call her 'Elsa', for Elsa Lanchester, remember "Bride
of Frankenstein"?  The 'bug-eyed' look Elsa has.  Like she was constantly
hooked up to the high voltage end of the ignition system?  Anyway, the name
seemed to fit.   Unfortunately, about 3 weeks ago I blew the head gasket.  The
waterpump went south and that was that.  While I'm in the neighborhood, I'm
going to be rebuilding, upgrading, etc. a lot of things  So, I'll probably be
asking for lot's of help, info.

Everyone seems great and there is a lot of knowledge freely shared.  This is a
wonderful site.

John Hokans