Temp Gauge adapter

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Temp Gauge adapter
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:36:18 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
No.1 - Yes, I know whom the tattoo artist is.
       No, I'm not telling.

No.2 - Help. The Midget is running hot. I want to find out how hot. I got
a set of after market gauges to measure temp, oil press and an ammeter.
Got the ammeter and oil press gauges hooked up OK.
The problem is with the temp gauge. This is a mechanical gauge, the old
one is electric w/  C and H for indicators. This one will tell me temp.
However, when I went to put it in, the casting on the head where the
sensor goes does not have a shoulder to stop the sensor so I can't get a
seal. the electric one seals with an aluminum gasket.
So I need an adapter, a couple came with the kit, however they are NPT
fittings on the male side and the correct thread on the female side. The
connector on the long cable for the temp sensor is a regular coarse bolt
thread.
Now the 75 I had before had a mechanical temp/oil gauge ($160, which why
I went with the after market one). So I assume there was an adapter.
So the question is, on the 75 was there an adapter that bolts into the
head casting and the the clamping nut holds the probe in? or was the
clamping bolt a pipe thread? I can't quite see BL changing the way the
head was made just to accommodate an electric gauge.
If there is an adapter - does anybody have a spare? Or know where I can
get one?

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?