paint matching

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: paint matching
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:22:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Listers:

The time has finally come to paint the restored bugeye shell which ahs
taken up so much of my time and $ over the past year.

I have the BMHT certificate for the car and it really is dark green. Also
have a few samples of sheet metal that I cut off the old shell which still
has the original paint on it. It kinda looks like &up pop can green only
darker.

According to Les Myer's site, the original paint code for my car is:

BMC - GN.12
ICI - 0152/5107

I want to use PPG products to paint the car. My plan is to go down to my
local suplier and have him mix up batches using the original formulas until
I get a match for the sample I have. Kinda like a trial and error way of
doing it.

Anyone out there already gone through this process and have any words of
wisdom to offer?

Thanks,

Daniel