Re: Exhaust Systems - Advice needed

To: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>, "robert weeks" <robert@woozy.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Systems - Advice needed
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:28:11 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I know it is a long way from you guys, but I have the Brownrigg LCB replicas
from HP Products here in Melbourne. I have them jet-hot coated so I
don't need stainless for those, but I do have a 2" stainless main pipe and
HP's stainless muffler. It is a straight-through 100% stainless (inc
stainless
steel wool packing) that is surprisingly quiet and extremely effective
performance-wise. I gained about 4HP over my old race setup (on the dyno)
and it is quiet enough to drive around on the road without a second look
by Mr Plod. My old setup was the Maniflow LCBs and a straight-through
hot-dog glass packed muffler. It was too loud to be legal.

I have had the SS muffler for a few years now. I consider it well spent
money
despite the high purchase price (~ US$180) (x2 - 1 on the racecar, one on
the bugeye).

Mike