Transmission Help Needed

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Transmission Help Needed
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:18:39 -0500EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
List,

I've got to do something about the transmission in my '66 Sprite. Let
me state that I don't want to convert to a five speed due to the type
of driving I do with the car.

Here is my situation:
The tranny on the '66 is popping out of first gear and is getting
worse.  The other gears seem very good.  I have a '69 parts car with
a complete tranny.  I have no history with this tranny and neither
does the PO.  It has been suggested that I avoid putting the '69 in
my car as is - it is probably as bad, if not worse, than the '67's.

Which tranny should I have rebuilt or should I send both in hopes of
finding enough good parts for one unit?  Because the car is 400 miles
away, I gain no advantage in using the car as is while waiting for
the rebuilt one to show up.  Where should I send it?  Where should I
go for replacement parts?  I guess I ought to replace the clutch
while I'm in there.  Where should I get a new clutch?  Testimonials
would be great - where to go and where not to go.

Help! Help! Help!

Thanks,
Paul
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.