bugeye 500 mile

To: "majordome" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: bugeye 500 mile
From: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:31:53 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
hi everyone,
Well, I changed oil and transmission oil, retorqued head(which didn't need
anything),adjusted valves(some minor tweaks),check timing( needed
adjustment),checked all fluid levels etc. and now the car is running worse
than it ever has. I has a rattle, which sounds to me like a valve rattle,
but I have adjusted the valves 3 times. I sounds fine when it's idling in
the garage, but when I drive it and change gears as soon as I push the gas
pedal after every gear change ( 2nd to third-third to fourth and after
changing into fourth)it rattles.After its up to speed, its fine, but the
initial acceleration after gear change it's bad.Even high RPM out of gear
it's fine .Any suggestions???Thanks, Carol '59Bugeye