Re: bugeye timing

To: carolien@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: bugeye timing
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:02:28 EDT
Cc: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you have the later type vibration damper pulley on your car, the outer
ring will frequently come loose from the inner one due to the rubber
between the two failing.  If that's the case, next time you recheck the
timing, the marks will likely be even further off as the outer ring
slowly rotates and takes its little notch with it. If that's the case,
replace the pulley.  (Ugh, expensive.)

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com