RE: Tidbit On UK Orders

To: "'mhanna@ball.com'" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: RE: Tidbit On UK Orders
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:34:00 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
First, I am from Canada, so I'm only guessing that U.S. banks are the same.

Yes, you can buy a Pounds Sterling money order or bank draft from your
local bank. However, their rates tend to be as poor as VISA etc. for small
"retail" amounts.

Up here, we have what is called "Foreign Exchange Centers". They are
essentially storefront operations for people who want to buy or sell
currency. Most major cities have them and the tourists use them most often.
Because they have little or no overhead, you will usuallly get a much
better deal with them. Exchange cash for cash, then you can pay off the
bank with it.

Daniel