Re: More Info: Original 1500 Engine

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Info: Original 1500 Engine
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:40:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello.
The head may have been replaced at some time, which wouldnt change the block
number. If the head has four pipe plugs  on top along the manifold side then
it has been desmogged.Would spitifires prior to 75 without california smog
specs have an air pump? Or Canadian 1500's? At the ABFM I saw a midget 1500
with no provisions in the head for air injection. I dont recall if the car was
stock or if he had found a federal spec cylinder head without the air taps.
Gary
75 midget