RE: More Info: Original 1500 Engine

To: "'Chris Kotting'" <ckotting@iwaynet.net>, "'Guy Weller'" <Guy.Weller@nationwideisp.net>, hello39@idt.net
Subject: RE: More Info: Original 1500 Engine
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:36:51 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,

The first step is to box the o/d up and ship it to me!   :-)

It's a question of which Spitfire o/d tranny you go for.  If it's a J-type
then you'll probably have to have the drive shaft shorted.  It it's a D-type
(early 1500) then it may be the same lenght as the stock single rail tranny.
I swapped a D-type in my '73 Spitfar for a single rail non-o/d without any
changes.

The difference between the early and late o/d's will also be which driven
plate (clutch) used.  The early had a 10 spline, the later used a 21 (or is
it 20) spline input shaft.

Jim

Sprites and Spitfires and Minis...oh my aching head!