Re: Transmission Help

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Help
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 18:33:36 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D. wrote:
 It did have an extreme
> amount of side to side play in the shifting lever even when engaged
> in gear.  Someone on the list suggested I look for this and have the
> bushing replaced while replacing all bearings and the 2nd and 3rd
> syncro's.  I was told that this is easily correctable with a new
> plastic bushing.

Paul

The plastic bushings are available from Nissan, there are 2 different
bushings. I ordered them and they cost less then $5 for all.
If the Alternator mounts the same way as the Sprite generator, you can
make it work. Just watch alts from oposite sides of the engine, they may
have reversed mounting ears.

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
Lots of LBCs