Re: Low Compression, 77 Midget 1500 cc

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Low Compression, 77 Midget 1500 cc
From: wmgilroy@mtgbcs.mt.lucent.com (William M Gilroy)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 22:06:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have gotten more than one suggestion that I might have
a bad head gasket.  That would be nice if it was the only
problem and that is what I am hoping it is.  Now I have a
couple of questions about what I would see if I had a bad
head gasket between cyl 2 and 3.  If I did have a bad head
gasket I thought I would see, either water in my oil or oil
in my water.  I also thought another symptom is consumption
of water.  I have not seen any of these symptoms.

Also if I did have a bad head gasket would it account for the
excessive crankcase pressure this is sending the oil out the
dipstick hole?  I am just trying to understand how all of these
things may relate.

Once again,

Thanks for the help

Bill Gilroy