Re: leaf spring problems

To: "Daniel Thompson" <dthompso@total.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: leaf spring problems
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:08:17 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I wouldn't be welding spring steel. At best it'll lose its temper.

While you can get replacement standard springs, I'll repeat my
previous advice to this list - go to a springmaker, take your old springs
and he'll be able to make a new set for you. You can reset the ride
height, change the rate etc if you want to.

I have done this with my race midget and an all new pair of custom
rear springs (1/2 elliptic) cost me only A$300, less than it would cost
me for a standard set from the usual sources. The rate and ride height
exactly matched my request.

Mike