Brake Fluid

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake Fluid
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:30:39 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Not to belabor a point, and if this question has been answered in the
extensive brake fluid thread that has been running, please forgive me--I
didn't see it.  In the Clutch and Brake Hydraulic lines I have no idea whether
the PO was running DOT 3 or DOT 4.  I am going to bleed my clutch MC and use
DOT 4 for the top up in my '79 Midge with its '76 engine.  If the PO used DOT
3, will that cause a problem--will it mix ok with the new DOT 4, or should I
flush the MC system completely out and run alcohol through it before I use DOT
4?

I am doing this this evening--would appreciate quick response.  Thanks guys.

---David