RE: Brake Fluid -- I gotta know

To: "'Michael Dietsche'" <mdietsche@yahoo.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Brake Fluid -- I gotta know
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:43:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Here's my opinion:  "Better safe than sorry"

This leads to the following personal rules:
1) Use DOT 4 fluid (or DOT 5 under certain conditions), since SOME DOT 3
formulations eat natural rubber seals.  (Do you know what kind of seals are
in your brakes?  What formulations different manufacturers use?  I don't.)
2) Buy DOT 4 brake fluid in small bottles, and use a fresh bottle whenever
possible.

Following these rules, I spend a few $$$ more on brake fluid, but a whole
lot less on body repair (the car's and my own).

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net