Re: Brake fluid, seals, specs and more

To: Guy.Weller@nationwideisp.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake fluid, seals, specs and more
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:42:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 10/17/98 10:09:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Guy.Weller@nationwideisp.net writes:

<< Just been down to the garage to check ( its 2.25 am local time !) >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gosh, Guy!  Get some rest!  The car and the brake fluid will still be there in
the morning!

The point of confusion was also suggested on the VTR page.  The writer said
that it should have been called DOT 4.1 or DOT 6.  I would have also thought
that DOT 5.1 would be a minor development on DOT 5, but I saw the VTR page
first.  (Thanks for a good tech page to our Triumph owning friends.)

DOT 5.1 is listed as a high performance DOT 4 fluid.  You should be able to
use it just as well as DOT 4.  Just be careful with getting it on the paint,
as you already found out.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport