Re: cape fear British Car Fest

To: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>, "majordome" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cape fear British Car Fest
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:21:06 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It was a beautiful place for a car show, in the park next to the WWII
battleship USS NORTH CAROLINA, across the Cape Fear River from downtown
Wilmington, and the weather couldn't have been better.  It certainly was
nice to meet Carol and her husband, and to see Ed from Raleigh again.
There were some great cars on display, but I continue to be amazed at the
lack of Big Healeys at shows this season.  Congratulations to Carol and her
wonderful Bugeye for taking the first place award in the Healey class.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

but
> the be continued by the newly formed British Motor Club of the Cape
Fear.We
> drove down yesterday and spent a great evening at the historic waterfront
in
> Wilmington. I finally got to meet Steve Byers ,after being at several
shows
> at the same time and never running into each other,and his beautiful
Midget.
> The documentation he has with his car is awesome. A  complete book with
it
> whole history including with for example a picture of every previous
owner
> in front of the car ( there were 7).The only disappointed was the total
lack
> of Healeys. Lot of MGs,Triumphs,Jags and a Lotus Elan, 2 Cobra kit cars,
> beautiful TVR, a sumbeam tiger ,a Rolls but only my Bug and one Jensen.
Too