Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)

To: "The Flowers" <wflowers@gte.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 15:44:42 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill,

I can't speak to the condition of the bugeye and it's value, but I can tell
you from my recent experience with a local bank (is the actually such a
thing as a LOCAL bank anymore?) that the banks are not much interested in
any car over 7 years old as collateral.  They will make you a signature
loan, or if interest rates don't scare you, use one of those handy checks
your gold or platinum visa is always sending you in the mail.

Good luck and good hunting.  Don't be rushed.  I looked for 2-3 years to
find a 74 Midget in fair shape for half the price most previous sellers had
been asking.  There are still bargains out there.

I had to pass on a 53TD last month for $7500 (asking!)....my wife has
limited vision, or limited tolerance for "honey, just one more car..."  This
MG was an older restoration and very driveable.

Regards,

Robert Houston
74 Midget, Katy