Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)

To: The Flowers <wflowers@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Bitten by the bug(eye)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:59:21 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The Flowers wrote:

> Someone I know is selling his '60 Bugeye.  Until this weekend I didn't know
> he had it, that it was for sale, or that I even wanted it.
>
> Now I've seen it and I want one ... bad!
>

> The gentleman is asking $6500.  It sounds a bit high for a deteriorated
> renovation, but there are lots of extras and original, so I don't know if it
> is fair or not.
> Bill Flowers

Bill

$6500 is the price for a nice example that only needs a small bit of
TLC. Realistic top dollar for a nice Bugeye needing nothing is around
$8000. This of course is not gold level concours prices but realistic
selling prices.
What you describe sounds like a $2500 fixer upper with rust a bad
tranny, and no carpet!
Shop around or make an offer of at least 1/2.

Just my 2 cents

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ