Re: More master cylinder stuff

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More master cylinder stuff
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@mail.metro.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 06:05:40 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 06:06 PM 10/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am taking the brake master cylinder (1500 midget) apart for a
>rebuild.  Each consecutive part gets more and more annoying to remove.
>I am to the nylon guide bearing and seal.  Haynes says to gently move
>the piston in and out to loosen it up so it will come out.  Yeah right.
>Any other ideas how to get that sucker out?  Thanks!
>
>adrian
>
>--
>-----------------------------------
>J. Adrian Barnes
>adrian@icx.net
>
>http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
>http://www.ravineware.com
>

>Adrian,

Just did ours also (1275cc Sprite) and finally ended up using a small slide
hammer to remove the nylon guide.

Just be carefull not to score the cylinder wall when screwing in the
hammer's spike.

My kit (from Moss, with apologies to Frank) included a new nylon guide bearing.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Bill