Re: Roller High Lift Rockers

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "Mark Endicott" <endicott@nashville.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Roller High Lift Rockers
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 07:34:37 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Interesting dissertation on Performance.... I agree on the porting cam and
exhaust system...
I did all of this except the headers..

I have found that over the years headers have generally improved... just
not as much as computers... so I have opted on my wives street 1275 in the
bugeye not to have the headers... the constant problems of welds cracking
and so on... just to much for Miss Kathy to bare.. She wasn't supposed to
know about the 9.5-1 pistons and the .080 thousands we took off the head...
so I simply port matched the stock exhaust manifold and cleaned it up in
general with a sanding roll..

The Cam springs and retainers with a 3 angle valve grind and some light
porting on the head really woke this thing up...

Great car.... Little to quick for her not to notice that it has more power
then a stock 1275..  She isn't impressed with the Heat that it builds so
the next project is a decent radiator..

Keith Turk BN2, BJ8, AN5, AN9,Bville Camero( Tuned the motor last
night..ouch.. this thing makes some serious racket...) last outing of the
year this weekend... still liking the 155mph estimate on a 153 current
record with the East Coast Timing association..."North Carolina or bust"

<spridgets@autox.team.net>