Temperature gauge

Subject: Temperature gauge
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:42:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Message text written by "Tom Zuchowski"

Last outing, the temp gauge on my 1275 Bugeye with original-type radiator
refused to go above 120 degrees, both on the highway and at rest. Is it
possible for the temperature to stay that low if the thermostat was stuck?
Or should I just go straight for the gauge itself?

I know I can pull the sending unit and test it with boiling water, but all
too often when I pull something off this car I find damaged threads, and I
hesitate to mess with something if it's good. . .

Tom Zuchowski<

I'm way behind on my e-mails, so pardon me if this thread has concluded.

I have noted that my Sprite also does not go above 120 if I keep it moving.
 If I get to idle at a light it will edge up towards 140 and if I let it
idle longer it will go up to 160.  I have assumed that this is because of
the cold weather?

Robert
'65 Sprite