Re: Replaced Steering Rack Boots

To: <Don.Clark@fluordaniel.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Replaced Steering Rack Boots
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:19:05 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Don,

I'd like to do the same thing to my wheels.  They are chipped and stained,
but as I understand it, you would probably need to have them "tuned" after
sand blasting.  Would this possibly weaken them?

When I had my first midget, a 65 in 68...I masked off the tires after spray
washing them well, and painted them with BRIGHT aluminum paint.  I loved it
then, but don't think I would now.

"Argent Silver" available at the Ford dealer is supposed to be the closest
match I think.

My current plan is to wash the wheels thoroughly with one of the new "wheel
cleaners", and then spray them this Ford color.  From 10 feet away (or 18
inches if your eyes are as old as mine) the small chips and such should be
almost invisible.

Or, if I win the lottery, I'll order the new chrome ones........

Robert Houston
74 Midget, Katy