Re: Master-cylinder conversion.

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Master-cylinder conversion.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:32:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Boatright wrote:

> So Frank, does this mean that I can bolt in a 68 and up brake MC into my
> '65 Sprite? Is this a better/safer system (being dual) than what's in there
> originally?

Jeff

You have to modify the brake/pedal box area in the early cars (66 and
down) but I have seen it done. I have not done this conversion (yet)
Yes it is safer, as it is now if you loose all your fluid, you have no
clutch or brakes at all. With the later set up you have an independent
clutch master and separate receivers for front and rear brakes. If you
have a leaky rear wheel cylinder or blow a line, the other 1/2 of the
system is still functional.

The later dual pedal box is wider and shorter than the original.
Cutting, welding, and brake line plumbing are involved.

Frank