Re: Temperature guage

To: RobertDuquette@compuserve.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Temperature guage
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:28:30 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I would still tell you to change the thermostat.  As I said before, it is a
relatively easy thing to do, and the thermostat could be partially operating.
One good engine overheat is enough to warp the 'stat enough to not work
properly.  If it almost closes, but not quite all the way, it would give the
symptoms you are describing, IMO.

If it's been over a year since you changed it, do a radiator flush and fill
with a new thermostat and a bottle of Water Wetter.  Check all the hoses while
you're at it.  Use it as another excuse to spend some time with your LBC
before your fingers start to turn blue!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 11/2/98 7:14:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,